NCRPA Recreation Programs Summit
The NCRPA Recreation Programs Summit will be held March 6-7, 2018 in Charlotte, NC. The committee is looking for innovative sessions for parks and recreation, programmers, camp staff, community center leaders, teen leaders and more.. Interactive and hands-on sessions are always encouraged. Session proposals will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
- All materials must be submitted online.
- All submissions will be notified by email by 1/25/2018 as to their acceptance.
- Conference sessions are 75 minutes in length for .1 continuing education units.
- A copy of your professional resume and a brief outline of the proposed presentation are required for CEU approval. They should be attached to this form to be approved.
- The description you enter on this form for your session will appear exactly as written in the conference program. Limit 100 words
- Please complete all information related to equipment needs, room set-up, & contact information to ensure proper set-up during conference time.
Session Proposal Checklist:
- Completion of ‘Call for Presenters and CEU Application’ online.
- Resume for each presenter, indicating knowledge of topic - submitted on this form
- Brief outline of presentation - submitted on this form
- All materials submitted by midnight on January 23, 2018
No hand-written proposals will be accepted. Proposals are due by midnight on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 to be considered.
Process for Approving CEU Sessions
All training and workshop review and approval to offer CEU credit will be handled through the NCRPA office. An application to offer CEU’s must include:
Need Identification – a clear statement about why the workshop is being offered and how the need was identified.
Learning Outcomes – a statement about the educational objectives of the workshop. (When writing the learning outcomes, verbs which are not observable and measurable cannot be used. Suggested verbs include: count, define, describe, identify, list, name, outline, quote, read, recall, recognize, reproduce, state, write, discuss, estimate, give examples, predict and summarize.)
CEU Criteria include: 1. Activity is planned in response to educational needs identified for target audience; 2. Activity has clear, concise, and measurable, written statements of intended learning outcomes; 3. Qualified instructional personnel are involved in planning and conducting each activity; 4. Content and instructional methods are appropriate for the intended learning outcomes of each activity; 5. Participants must demonstrate their attainment of the learning outcomes; and, 6. The participants evaluate each learning activity.
Speakers – a resume or vita for each speaker. Include name, agency, address, title and certifications
Speakers: Maximum number of speakers is three for a 1-hour and 15 minute session and six for a 3-hour session. Please indicate if speakers are certified CPRP, CPRE, CLT, CTRS, CTRA, etc.
NO SESSION CAN BE APPROVED FOR THE CEU PROCESS WITHOUT THE FOLLOWING: Proposal Form - all information/sections completed; including identified need(s). Introductory speaker bio paragraph along with resume or vita. Session Outline, with times and copy (if appropriate) of PowerPoint presentation – PowerPoint does not take the place of an outline, but is welcomed information.