- About Us
- Benefits & Services
- Professional Development
- Programs & Partnerships
The NCRPA intern will work on projects that fulfill their internship requirements and the current interests of the organization. This person will work closely with staff and member agencies to support efforts in research, programs and communications. The role requires savviness in research, planning, and assistance on administrative projects.
This is a semester long 10-12 week internship starting May/June 2017. The NCRPA Intern will complete their required hours (as per-school requirements) from our offices based in Raleigh, NC. Upon successful completion Interns will be eligible for up to a $1,000 Scholarship from NCRPA.
A rising junior or senior who seeks to dedicate their career to creating social value and fostering innovation in the NC Recreation and Parks sector. All applicants must demonstrate:
· Interest in working in recreation and parks, association management, and/or non-profit sector.
· Exceptional project management experience and ability to independently manage project workflow and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise.
· Ability to work well with team members and show respect for diverse communities.
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of web-based tools including Google Apps.
· High level of organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to interact and perform in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong communication and social media skills.
· Ideal candidate is seeking a degree in Parks, Recreation and Tourism management or one of the social sciences (specifically communication, journalism, public policy, political science, and/or sociology) or related field.
Interested candidates should apply by April 16th, 2017 (see application below). We will start reviewing applications immediately, so it’s best to submit materials as soon as possible.